Ugh, ugh, ugh, have been having some MIGHTY FINE hot flashes today. All part of the cycle of anastrozole -- they'll ease off next month, but it really brings home why fully 54% of women quit taking their aromatase inhibitors after 25 months (source from a 2011 study
Warm and windy, with the possibility of storms tonight and/or tomorrow. What else?
1) Finished Robert Hilburn's biography of Johnny Cash
and really liked it. Solid recommendation.
2) Read Jennifer Clements' Prayers for the Stolen
in about two days (it's super-short). It's about the life of women in villages in Guerrero State, Mexico (outside Acapulco), the cartels, the murders, the lives of the rich and poor. I enjoyed it (not really the right word) but it left me wanting more, a deeper story. Also this book is by an American who lives in Mexico City -- which doesn't make it bad or wrong, but I'd like to hear this story from another voice. But I don't know one yet, so I'll have to look.
3) Currently reading Keith Houston's study of punctuation, symbols, and typography
, which is both fascinating and funny, thanks to Houston's playful sense of humor. Very much liking this -- also it is a beautifully-designed book, as the special characters are printed in red.
4) Blackmare and I did a little sketching out of the Riververse fic that should come after the next
Riververse fic (which is in draft). :D
5) The Early Girl tomatoes are getting bigger but no red yet. A few tiny baby tomatoes have appeared on the Black Prince and Lemon Boy. And we have two serranos. *g*
What else? I don't even. :D